Tirunelveli - The Land Of Kindness And Hospitality

              My cousin and I were on a trip to Tirunelveli to apply for a passport. It was summer; the scorching heat was quite unbearable. We had to wait until noon to get our work done. Hence, we had to look for a shady place to rest for a while. We seated ourselves on a cement platform, under a Neem tree, in front of a house. Of course, there were so many houses lined up in the area. After a while, a man came in a scooter and alighted to enter into his house. He gave us a sinister look as if we were there to loot his house. He disappeared into his house, locking his gate tightly behind him. I told my cousin that our land has lost its kindness and hospitality towards strangers over the years. We were sharing our nostalgia for the good old days when love-centered human life and money were only part of it.
            Suddenly, I heard the gate opening from another house, and a frail old lady clad in a blue cotton saree, with a sunken face, came towards us. She asked with a pleasing voice whether we would like some water. I was dumbfounded by her kind gesture, and it gave me Goosebumps.


           I am proud that I was born in this beautiful land. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A climb to meet the God: Trekking-cum-Pilgrimage in Velliangiri Hills

A One Day Trip to Unwind With Your Family at Swamimalai (Yelagiri Hills)

When the trekking presents hair-raising adventures…