My Granny and her Peacocks.

I visited my hometown recently during my holidays.  I went to my grandma’s field to pamper myself with the nature. It was a calm and quite place surrounded with lush green trees.  At 2’o clock my granny took out some food and kept outside. There was obviously no one except the two of us. I asked her, to whom she had brought the food out. She said that two peacocks would come to eat it. We were waiting for them. They had not yet turned up.
peacockAfter a while, one of them, with a long beautiful feather came fumbling through the plantain field. He was afraid to come closer to the food due to my presence, as I was a stranger to him. He waited for a longtime, ten meter away from us. My granny took the food and kept it closer to him. Now he began to peck the food very quickly.
After some time another one arrived to get his share of food. They both now began to fight over the food not allowing the other to eat it. It was an amazing scene to watch two big birds fight with each other just in front of me.
My granny said that the peacocks would follow her like innocent kids when she walks around the field.
The sad demise of my granny not only saddened us but the entire place she lived in the field. The small house that we used for accommodation, collapsed itself on the eve of my grandma's death.
20151125_082054
The house that crumbled on the eve my grandmother's death

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A climb to meet the God: Trekking-cum-Pilgrimage in Velliangiri Hills

A One Day Trip to Unwind With Your Family at Swamimalai (Yelagiri Hills)

An entertaining and fun-filled trip to Kumbaratty falls