My Friend’s Interstate, Inter-Caste and Inter- Religious Marriage

Marriage is one of the most defining moments in our life. I was attending my friend’s wedding in Ongole, Andhra Pradesh. Being an interstate, inter-religious, and inter-caste marriage, it was not an ordinary wedding. The bride’s family from Tamil Nadu had to stay in Ongole for the occasion, as the bridegroom’s family played the role of host. It was interesting to watch both families use gestures to convey their needs. Though communication seemed a barrier, it never diminished the charm and enthusiasm of the event. The rituals were alien to the bride’s family but were all performed with utmost importance and eagerness. My friend acted as the mediator and translator between them and oversaw all the activities. I realized that it takes so much courage to marry someone entirely from another state, religion, and caste. I am proud of my friend, who stands as the perfect example of breaking all societal barriers.

My Friend's Wedding in Progress

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A climb to meet the God: Trekking-cum-Pilgrimage in Velliangiri Hills, Coimbatore

A One Day Trip to Unwind With Your Family at Swamimalai (Yelagiri Hills)

When the trekking presents hair-raising adventures…